Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Art Of Steven Silverleaf




Yee Haw




I don't know what to say




Tonight I am listening to the Jefferson Airplane and I have been listening to them for forty years.


Thinking about collage and the layering and the fact that like the Chinese concept of "face" there is always an element of that which is turned away, from view and that is hidden and the chance, the possibilities inherent in what might have been.


The analogy might be that all music I listen to now is heard against a collage of what I heard many years ago and what I heard twenty minutes ago and what I never listened to, what I never heard or even heard of.


I am not speaking of regret here. Sometimes when I am putting collages together and I go to adhere the glue to the side that is going to be turned away, there is regret, a beautiful passage of paint to be laid down, never to be seen.


No I am not speaking of regret. There are always new possibilities to be shown to the senses, that come to light, that tease the airwaves anew.


They start as a trickle, down the mountain and become a rushing torrent. You decide.


collage happens the same way.


No comments:

Post a Comment