Monday, May 29, 2023

Beginning outline for a residency at Tenjinyama………




With to do list 


Looking up the meanings of shrine and temple in an English dictionary…….I have no way of looking these up in a Japanese dictionary and will have to rely on a native speaker of Japanese but would also like to find an English speaking person who can read Japanese to also translate.


So I am being asked questions by people around me as to what I might do with my three weeks of residency and to organize my thoughts around answers to these queries. At first I was bothered by the questions but then realized was procrastinating which is always my first creative response to anyone trying to pin me down to a static state of thinking.




So I am coming up with terms using words to begin the articulation of where I am taking all this


Shrinage……….creating a mental state of hope, prayer, or desire using physical objects or space at hand for set amount of time which can be (maybe a “brief” amount would be a better way to see it)


Templelizing ………..socializing safe space, trying to describe maybe circumscribe safe space as a social function…….example using a cell phone as connection to a community or others




More to come


May 29 Carrboro, NC USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment